Tomahawk Ribeye Steak Recipe (Best Steak Recipe)
This is one of our favorite group meals to cook and we promise it will be one of better steaks you will have!
- 1 Tomahawk Ribeye (2 inches thick, cut with bone)
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- Optional: Dusted with Jack of All Rubs
- Pull your ribeye out of the fridge at least one hour before grilling and season it evenly on both sides. Let rest at room temperature.
- Fire up your grill to 350 degrees and plan to use indirect heat; we use a heat deflector in our egg after hitting the target temp.
- Put ribeye on the grill (in the center over a deflector plate, or away from lit coals, depending on your grill).
- Keep lid closed and cook for roughly 12-15 minutes. Repeat on other side.
- Check internal temperature of steaks. At this point, our goal temp is roughly 115 degrees (or 10 degrees shy of your target temp depending on how you like your steak cooked).
- Remove steak from grill when target temp is hit. If using an indirect heat plate, remove that too.
- Increase grill temperature to 450-500 degrees and add ribeye back on to grill for 2-3 minutes, directly over coals.
- Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes, making sure to keep an eye on the internal temperature based on your preference temp. (We like our steaks medium rare, so we shoot for IT of 125).
- Remove from grill, top with butter and let this beautiful piece of meat rest for 10 minutes.
- To serve, carve the meat along the bone and slice. Enjoy!