- 5-2 lb Chicken Wings
- 1 tbsp salt
- ¼ cup of your favorite BBQ seasoning
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1 stick butter
- In a bowl, combine wings, olive oil and seasonings. Toss until wings are evenly coated.
- Heat your grill to 350-375 degrees, preparing for indirect heat. You can also do a hot side and a cooler side by bunching your coals to one side.
- If using a heat deflector, add that over your coals now. We prefer this method because it allows them to smoke, but not overcook.
- Place the wings on the grill and cook for 45 minutes, flipping every 15 minutes. We promise that slow and steady wins the race with these!
- While wings are in the home stretch of cooking, prepare your wing sauce. Put hot sauce and sliced butter into a bowl and microwave until butter is melted.
- Wings are done when they are cooked to a safe internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove wings from grill and place into a large bowl. Cover with hot sauce and toss.
- At this point the wings are ready for serving, but if you truly want a “trashed” style, add them back on the grill for a minute to finish.